1. How can I apply?
2. What stage should my company be at, to be eligible?
We do not limit founders by funding stage.
For the accelerator program, we're open to early stage startups that have some market validation and a minimum viable product.
For the mentor hours program, we evaluate companies raising from seed up to series B.
3. Which program is best for me? Accelerator or Mentor Hours?
The accelerator program is a comprehensively designed 15-week engagement wherein we closely work with each founder on every aspect of business, pitch strategy, vision clarity and investment readiness. You need to physically attend this program in Delhi/Gurgaon.
If you're an early-stage company with a woman co-founder, a beta version ready or a few users and want to grow from there to eventually raise investment - the accelerator program is best for you.
The Mentor Hours Program is a 100-day semi-structured engagement that allows companies to entirely focus on their fundraise. We offer 1:1 mentor hours and closely work with you on your pitch, financial projections or business plan. This can be attended remotely apart from a few sessions we host to prepare you for investment. We have a large community of VCs, angels and HNIs that helps us connect you with the right investor for you.
If you don't meet our criteria for the accelerator program, but need a partner to accelerate your growth - Mentor Hours is for you!
4. I don't have a woman as co-founder, how can Rebalance help me?
Mentor Hours is open for all. While we encourage diversity in teams, we understand that innovation knows no gender. We certainly don't want to limit founders from reaching out to us. If you're looking for mentorship and investment, mentor hours is for you!
5. Is the accelerator program equity-free?
Our inaugural cohort was equity-free. Refer to Q8 to know more about how we work with founders and fund our mission.
6. How will the Rebalance community help me scale my company?
7. How much funding will my company receive?
At present, we invest through Rebalance Angels Community and have 40+ investment partners who closely work with the founders during the program.
8. How does Rebalance fund their mission?
We uniquely co-created our business model with the founders of our inaugural cohort, investors and mentors to arrive at a model that is founder friendly. We work with minimum viable equity percentage and success based components that tie our wins to the founder's growth.
9. Are male founders eligible to attend?
Of course! We are not a women-only program. It's important to understand that women empowerment is a subset of Inclusion and diversity. For female founders to truly break conventions, it's important to play in an even playing field. We do not discourage startups with male co-founders or founders from applying. However, to encourage diversity in decision making - you must have a woman as a co-founder in your startup with considerable equity in your company.
10. When you mention diversity in founders, are you open to LGBTQQ applicants?
Yes, we're open to all. If we look at LGBTQQ numbers in the founder community, especially in India - it's not hard to imagine how meagre they would be. We're working on initiatives targeted at LGBTQQ community as well.
11. I have a co-founder. Can we both attend? Can there be 3 or 4 of us?
Sure! Every founder should get equal exposure as long as attending our program doesn't adversely affect your operations.
12. Do I have to move to Delhi? How do I pay for lodging/ food/ travel during the 15 weeks?
Not necessarily but it might be beneficial to stay in touch with the mentors, regularly. We're not a residential program so we do not fund lodging or travel expenses.
13. What happens during the program?
14. How long are the sessions?
Each session is about 45-50 mins long followed by Q&A.
15. I have already raised early-stage funding. Can I still apply?
Yes, we're open to helping all founders looking scale. We focus on creating an environment where founders can create opportunities for growth and build life-long relationships with their peers, mentors, investors and the Rebalance team.
16. Do we need to write a business plan?
No, a pitch deck would do.
17. Will you accept multiple startups working on the same idea?
In cases, where we feel that execution is key to success - we will evaluate multiple startups with the same idea.
18. What are the exact dates of the next batch?
Cohort 03 is tentatively scheduled for April 2021.
19. Can I apply more than once?
Yes! Persistence is key.
20. We are not based out of Delhi NCR. Can we do it without moving to where you are?
Relationships you can build in person are of no comparison to remote learning. We encourage founders to attend all sessions during the program but it isn't necessary to move to Delhi NCR. You can opt to either fly down once a week or shift to Delhi for those 15 weeks - totally your call.
21. Is the upcoming cohort virtual due to Covid restrictions?
Yes, until we feel participants & mentors are comfortable - sessions will be conducted over Zoom for cohort 03.
22. Do you provide feedback on applications that are not shortlisted?
No, we are unable to provide feedback on all applicants but we are happy to assist on a case-to-case basis.
23. Does the video in the application form need to be recorded with all team members? Is it compulsory to record one?
No, not necessarily. The founder can speak on behalf of the capabilities of all team members available. If the video is seeming time consuming, you can write an answer down too.